From chairs to chocolate, I couldn’t help but ooh and ahh over these items I’ve seen in the marketplace recently. Some are new and some are classic. Either way, I thought I’d share them with you:
- Hand-Felted Metal Folding Chairs by Tanya Aquiniga – We all recognize this classic chair but the felt takes it to another level. Each chair is made to order which takes about 2-4 weeks, for $1,200. Aguiniga has put her spin on some other iconic chairs too. See her full line of work at her website.
- Ikea Lusy Blom Rug I love this rug from Ikea. The colors and the pattern just make me happy. And for $39, how could you not run out and buy it? Size approximately 5×7.
- Lacquered Leather iPhone Case Embossed deerskin leather covers from Japan designed by Maruwakaya. Created using traditional Japanese techniques from the Edo period and decorated with heraldic emblems known as kamon, which were used to identify aristocratic families, they’re subtle and sophisticated. Fits the iPhone 3GS. Available thru ahalife.com for $199.
- The Sartorialist Irresistibly chic people on the streets of Italy and New York are photographed in this blog. When you don’t know what to wear, just check-in with The Sartorialist and get a quick read on where fashion is now. These folks make clothes look effortless.
- Spoonfudge The Mississippi company making this decadent treat says Spoonfudge was designed to make us feel better about eating right out of the jar. Cool! With 15 flavors to offer including: like Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Caramallow, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Mexican Cocoa Zing it seems hard to go wrong. For $6, why not try a jar?
- Swirl by Paul Smith I am so smitten by Paul Smith’s multi-stripes! Clearly, this is my dream rug since I can hardly even afford Paul Smith socks. But I’ll just keep wishing. Entirely hand made in Kathmandu, resulting in a stylish decorative accessory that will last a lifetime. From The Rug Company for approximately $125 per square foot.