I’m curious to hear how you readers out there are spending your summers. Are you traveling or “staycationing”? Are you visiting friends and family? Are you at the beach? In the mountains? At the lake? Wherever you are, I hope you’re enjoying the bliss of summer: warm weather, cool swims, ice cream, picnics, bike rides, and kids staying up late.
For the art lovers, there are still some good outdoor art fairs to visit as summer turns to fall. Many of our Zatista artists are there selling their artwork. Maybe one of the fairs listed below is in your neighborhood. If you are out and about, let us know where you’ve been and what you’ve seen. Enjoy the rest of your summer and don’t forget to report back to us on what you find!
• Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair, Charlevoix, MI – August 14, 2010 Now in its 51st year, this fair has a good reputation with critics and collectors because of both the quality of the work and the great location.
• Sausalito Art Festival, Sausalito, CA – September 3-6, 2010 On Labor Day weekend the stars of the contemporary art scene are showcased in this beautiful setting. Plan for a great time, with excellent food and music.
• Long’s Park Art & Craft Festival, Lancaster, PA – Sept. 3-6, 2010 Featuring original work from 200 great artists from around the country. Free entertainment and great food all presented in a lovely park.
• Arts, Beats & Eats, Pontiac, MI – September 3-6, 2010 This fair will take place in Downtown Royal Oak for the very first time. The festival will offer more than 200 performances on ten stages, a highly ranked Juried Fine Arts Show, and local restaurants with some of the finest cuisine in metro Detroit
• St. Louis Art Fair, Clayton, MO – September 10-12, 2010 A small event, only 165 exhibitors, competition is stiff to be one of the chosen exhibitors.
• Atlanta Arts Festival, Atlanta, GA – September 18 & 19, 2010 Set in historic Piedmont Park, this fair is an event dedicated to bringing together outstanding artists from around the country with the enthusiastic art buying community of the Atlanta area.
• St. James Court Art Show, Louisville, Kentucky – October 1-3, 2010 Held in the heart of historic Old Louisville among the country’s largest collection of Victorian homes, this art show has for over five decades provided the region with a rich cultural legacy.