Member Since: March 2010
I use a mixed media process which gives me the freedom to experiment with all the mediums I love to work with. As well, I can create unique images of what I imagine as a perfect world. I believe my purpose as an artist is to use what I find in everyd... more
|Artist Statement:||I use a mixed media process which gives me the freedom to experiment with all the mediums I love to work with. As well, I can create unique images of what I imagine as a perfect world. I believe my purpose as an artist is to use what I find in everyday life to make artwork that conjures feelings of euphoria.
Sight has always been my strongest sense, always seeking for inspiration in beautiful details, colours and patterns. While traveling to countries around the world to my own backyard, I have collected this inspiration by taking photographs and making drawings.
Photography captures existing details. Line drawing simplifies objects into interesting contours. Splashing paint randomly abstracts colour to a minimum. All these mediums are applied separately with a physical, translucent space between the layers. They harmoniously blend together into a floating composition which at first looks authentic, and at second glance, captivates wonder.
|Education:||Ontario College of Art and Design|
|Awards & Distinctions:||• St. Clair West Public Art, 2008, Shortlisted to create artwork for 2 x 40-foot panels for TTC shelters
• LVBIA Benchmark Contest, 2006, Art group winning design for bench in Liberty Village, Toronto
• Robyn Comyn Cumine Illustration Scholarship, 1998, Fourth year OCAD award
|Exhibitions:||• Shopgirls Gallery Boutique, August 2010, Solo exhibition at Queen Street store promoting Canadian talent
• Four Seasons Hotel, 2010, Commission for a series of 3 paintings to display in the spa’s lobby
• Design on a Dime, 2010, Auction in New York City to raise money for Housing Works
• Whodunit? 2009, Artwork in OCAD’s Mystery Art Sale and auction
• Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition, 2009, Annual show at Nathan Phillips Square
• Design Hope Toronto, 2009, Painting themed Shelter sold in auction to help the homeless
• Contact Photography Festival, 2008, Photographic slideshow presented on monitors in TTC stations
• GTAA AirSpace Gallery, Terminal 1, 2007, Prints about The Built Environment at Toronto Pearson International Airport
|Artist Tags:||mixed media, drawing, nature, photography, organic, flowers|