Help & Support
Buying FAQs: Using the Site
- What is the best way for me to find
artwork I like?
The Zatista site was designed specifically to make it easy for you to find just the right work of art to match your tastes, style, and budget. Whether you know exactly what you like or just know it when you see it, we have tools to help you discover great works of art.
If you know what you want, our intuitive search lets you refine by type, style, medium, price, color and more. For even more options such as subject matter or artist name, you can try our advanced search.
Not sure where to start? Get started by choosing a category, or for a more visual and interactive way to browse and discover art, try our patent pending Art Explorer.
What is the Art Explorer?
The ART EXPLORER feature is a great way to quickly browse a great deal of original art in a short amount of time while zeroing in on the items you like. You don't need to know anything about art, simply select items that you like. As you do this you will see them saved in the area to the right of the image viewer. Based on your selections as you choose items you like, we will serve up more images of that particular style, subject, price and so on.
Other helpful tips when using the Explorer:
- Use the arrows on the left and right to see more art if you don't see something that catches your eye right away.
- Use the drop-down menu in the upper right of the image viewer to select specific styles such as Photography, or Paintings. This allows you to view just the type you have selected and eliminates other styles until you re-select them.
- When you find items you like, wish to buy at another time, or just hold on to reference, move them to your "favorites" to access them later. If you wish to have the Explorer save your selections for another visit, be sure and sign-in so that they are saved.
To check out Art Explorer, click here.
Can I ask an artist or gallery a
question about their work?
Our buyer and seller communication feature called Ask Seller A Question is located on all art detail pages. If you have any questions about a particular piece of art, you may contact the seller (artist and gallery) directly through this system. The system is designed to help buyers get more familiar with a piece of art they are interested in.
- How can I see an up close view of
The Zoom & Explore feature enables the buyer to see essentially see the work up close. The zoom feature is designed to provide detail that the basic photo may not and allows the viewer to see granularity and depth within the work such as brushstrokes, or sharpness of a particular image within the work.
- How can I understand how an item might
look in my house?
If you are having trouble seeing what a certain work of art might look like in a typical room (living room, hallway, or bedroom), then the Art In a Room tool is a great way to see what the true dimensions are in relation to a certain wall space. The wall color feature is another way to get a good sense of how the work will appear in your room in that it allows the user to select from a wide palette of wall colors. This gives the work of art an added context that is important when selecting the right piece for your home.
- Is there somewhere I can learn more
Whether you are a new buyer of original art, or just want to brush up on the some of the basics around buying art, ART101 is a nice place to start. ART101 is content rich and written in such a way as to deliver details on styles, mediums, and other key pieces of information designed to get the new buyer up to speed on what to look for when buying an original work of art for the first time, or the first time buying a work online.
To see more in ART101, click here.