Now that that the holidays are over and the season of making good on resolutions has begun, here are a few ways to bring more art into your life in the new year:
- Visit a museum or gallery – Museums and galleries are perfect spots for artistic inspiration and a low cost or even free way to spend an afternoon or weekend.
- See live theatre or dance – Art takes many forms and stage performances are a great way to get your ideas flowing.
- Take a class or workshop – Most communities offer a wide variety of classes and workshops. If you’ve wanted to try your hand at creating some of your own art or crafts, this is the perfect way to start.
- Rent a movie about an artist’s life – There are many documentaries and biopics about artists out there. Spend an evening and get to know your favorite. Pina by Wim Wenders is a nice place to start.
- Create an artful home – It doesn’t take much to thoughtfully rearrange shelves, furniture, or paintings on the wall. Choosing an inspiring new color to paint your walls can add a whole new level of enjoyment to life.
Post your photos to Instagram – Get creative and make it known. It’s so accessible, you have no excuse.
- Last but not least, buy original art from Zatista.com – Zatista is the Internet’s premiere source for original art. With new additions added weekly, there is something for every taste. Enjoy!
Brian Sylvester is a guest blogger on WallSpin, and an artist on Zatista.